Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lefty's Spices on Chicken


In my previous post I shared the mix pack, Lefty's Spices Fish n' Chicken Mix, that I used for the tilapia fish. I used half the bag for the fish and a couple days later I used the rest of the bag for the chicken. The chicken pieces I used were very thick and there were five (5) of them. I think I cooked about seven (7) tilapia, so there certainly was a fair amount of mix in the bag.

It tastes just as good on chicken as it does on fish, just like the bag says! I rubbed the seasoned flour all over the chicken, in every nook and cranny! It took a while for the chicken to cook as they were thick pieces and I cooked it on about medium-low heat.

I cooked some fresh green beans along with it and I felt no need to add any salt or pepper or any other seasoning for the olive oil did the magic.

Everything was just homemade and so much better! I made mashed potatoes and mixed it with butter, sour cream, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and ground black pepper. You may not be able to see by the picture, but I used yellow potatoes which in turn gave it a yellowish tinge. Usually, we use white potatoes (I'm sure I have the names mixed up). In our home, we like our mashed potatoes chunky and thick.
Another great meal for iftar.


No comments:

Post a Comment