Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Monday, July 16, 2012

Morning Star Veggie Burger

My second time eating a veggie burger! The first time I had one was at a hospital and there wasn't even any vegetables on it. It was kind of dry and tasted like there was uncooked rice in it!
Someone recommended these to us. We also tried the veggie sausage patties which were all right. It almost tasted like real meat, but different. It can be an acquired taste but it wasn't nasty. It would do good to add some peppers to it to give it a nice kick like Jimmy Dean's hot sausage.
Today I had this bean burger. I saw Dr. Oz mention a bean burger on his show and was anxious to see what this one tasted like. Before I added all the veggies to my burger, I tasted the pattie first. It was different. I don't know if I can give a good explanation for you but I could kind of taste the black bean in it and the brown rice which was in it also. What I noticed first though was the smell. It must have been the spice, but it was strong, really strong. Similar to cumin, in a way. Some people might find the smell offensive, hehe, but that's only right after I heated it up. After that, it was fine. I think I could get used to this one, but of course, nothing is the same as a real beef burger. That's obvious.
The person who recommended this said they like to eat it when they don't feel like eating meat. I can sort of agree on this one. I don't always feel like eating meat so it's a good thing that there are foods out there that people can get that are almost equivalents to it. As I said earlier, getting off the meat can be a good thing for your body.

It's funny to me though that even though some people don't like meat and don't want to eat it, they still want something equivalent to it and enjoy that taste of 'meat'. A person I know who is a Vegan hated meat (more because of moral reasons), but they still wanted to eat "fake" meat and wear faux fur and faux leather. Even though one may not like meat because an animal gets killed by it, one still likes the 'taste' of meat and the style of fur and leather. Not everyone of course. So there is still that human thing inside of us that makes us want certain things, I guess in terms of animals and nature... Perhaps our society and culture has something to do with it, or our own history - humans have been eating animals for centuries. Or perhaps it is the nature vs. nurture concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment