Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Salmon Cakes

I hadn't made Salmon cakes in a long while and was really wanting to have some today for dinner. Salmon cakes, patties, whatever you call them, they were delicious and I'm sure there are many ways to make them. I'm not a master chef or cook and I don't usually measure out everything. I'm used to just going by sight and taste. So I can only give an exact recipe for a few dishes that I make. But it still tastes delicious!


I used two cans of Alaska Salmon and I separated all of the bones, spine, and skin that was in there. Salmon has very tiny bones, but as long as you get out as much as you can, it should be fine. I didn't taste a single bone.

I mixed the Salmon with celery seed, chopped scallions, chopped green pepper, about 1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic, a dash of white pepper, a tiny dash of salt, and one egg to keep it all together. I even mixed in a little bit of the bread crumbs.


Roll it into a pattie and roll it in Italian bread crumbs.
Fry it on medium-low in olive oil.


Until it cooks to a beautiful warm brown, or darker.


Scrumptious with fresh lettuce and raw carrots!
 This was very easy to make and it didn't take long at all. In fact, picking out the little bones took me the longest. I definitely prefer raw carrots instead of cooked ones and the lettuce gave it a nice fresh crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment