Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vegetarian Day 2 and counting

Alright, I'm really liking this 'Vegetarian day' thing and it's not been hard to follow. I realize that when I was in school, I had been doing almost just that. For breakfast, I usually had cereal or waffles and sometimes for lunch I would have yogurt or yogurt and a salad. Anyways, here's what I had today.

Breakfast: I just had some Corn flakes with raisins (and Organic milk). Sometimes, I might have corn flakes plain, but if I'm not sprinkling it with sugar, I add raisins. Raisins are sweet and tasty and are a good replacement for sugar. And then I had a little bit of orange juice.

Lunch: I really liked my lunch today. I first ate a peach that I cut up and sprinkled cinnamon on top. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices.
And I ate it with my own homemade potato salad. Of course, it doesn't compare to my mom's but it was a good try!
And also something I haven't tried before - toasted wheat bread with peanut butter on top. A healthy and tasty replacement for regular butter.

Dinner: This was something different too. I had some steamed 'Spring Vegetables' - squash, zucchini, peppers, onion, asparagus, and carrots. I had Spaghetti pasta with it but instead of using spaghetti sauce, I made my own. First, I sauteed cut onions and minced garlic. I added it on top of the Spaghetti with cut black olives and tomatoes, drizzled over with olive oil. Be careful not to put too much olive oil or it will take away from the flavor of the meal. Add some ground black pepper, parmesan flakes, and after I decided to add some Italian seasoning.





Have a happy Saturday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment