Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shea Butter for My Hair









 I have been using more and more natural products for my hair and have found that they work exceptionally well, of course, why not? It is natural from Mother Nature after all. I have my own homemade mixtures of various oils and one of my favorite combinations involves African Shea Butter!

A popular and miracle-working natural substance that has been used for centuries is African Shea butter. The Shea butter comes from the nut of the African Shea tree. It contains Vitamins A and E and has natural properties that act as a sunscreen, softens skin, and protects skin from the wind. Shea butter is also used to prevent and fade stretch marks, wrinkles, and relieve arthritis pain. Natural Shea butter works wonders for hair, moisturizing the hair shaft and keeping the hairstyle in place.  I can attest to that!

The Shea Butter helps retain moisture in my hair. I think it can be effective for all hair types. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it doesn't feel like it's just sitting on my hair.

For this butter, I used 4oz. of Unrefined Pure Shea Butter. The Organic Virgin Coconut Oil was from Trader Joe’s that I bought online. And the Ultra Pure Vitamin E Oil was from Fruit of the Earth, ½ fl. oz. (15ml). And Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) from the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment