Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Organic Milk

I know of organic berries, organic tomatoes, organic granola bars, but I never thought much about Organic milk. I had heard that regular milk that most people probably buy actually may contain blood and pus from the cow's udder because the cows from those large farm 'corporations?' are treated badly. Those farms want to get the milk out as fast as they can and sell sell sell, that they neglect the proper treatment of the animals. It's awful. People claim organic milk is better because organic farmers are more likely to treat their animals kindly. I've never seen the workings of cow farms in person and I'm not claiming I know everything about this issue, but one cannot go blind to all of those who are speaking out against this. There obviously is a problem. In one documentary I saw, they showed what goes on the inside of these animal cruelty farms and it was horrible. The poor chickens were living in the most horrible conditions.

A Vegan I know always gets on the non-vegans for eating meat and drinking milk saying that we're drinking the blood and pus of cows. But you know, it's probably true and just last week it really hit me. It's expensive to live a healthy, organic lifestyle in the U.S., but we started to buy organic milk and that's what I have been using in my cereal as of now. It cost about $2 more and it smelled kind of funny, but taste fine. We still get the 1% kind of it.

Blood and pus! Imagine! It's disgusting, right? People don't know what they're eating or drinking. We need to research more about what we put into our bodies that will benefit our well being. I am not a Vegan, but I do not condone animal cruelty. Animals should be treated with respect and should be treated kindly. That's what I like about Kosher or Halal food - they kill the animals to limit as much pain as they can to the animals and they treat them humanely. Humans may be above all animals and plants, but we should still strive to protect the earth.

In some places, adults don't literally drink milk at all, they consider milk only for babies or young children. When you think about it, it makes sense. A mother's breast milk is only meant for her baby and when the baby grows, milk is given to him/her to give them calcium to strengthen their bones and teeth. When we get older, do we really need cow's milk? Tell me. If a human's breast milk is for human babies, shouldn't a cow's breast milk be only for cows? And a goat's milk only for baby kids? I like the taste of milk in my cereal and with yummy cookies and of course I use it in baking, but perhaps drinking milk will stop altogether someday. Right now, I don't know. Organic milk seems to be okay and I'll continue to use it unless some other revelation comes to me!

But Blood and pus? Ewww! Now you see how important it is to treat animals kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment