Mother Nature is Medicine

Mother Nature is Medicine
MOTHER NATURE IS MEDICINE. The Creator has given us everything that we need. It is all here on this Earth and in the Universe. It can be found in the Earth, in the Sky, in the Waters, in the Air. Often times, we, as humans, tend to view nature as something that is "apart" from ourselves. We talk of spending time "in nature." We, in a sense, distance ourselves. In reality, we ARE "a - part" as well. The Great Spirit put us here and blessed us and our ancestors with this beautiful earth. Embracing the Creator and the natural blessings is food & nourishment for the body, mind, and soul. Nature is medicine. ~Peace and Blessings~

Friday, June 8, 2012

Vegetarian Day

Well, I was meaning to post this earlier (on Thursday), but I got caught up in other things. And I am still up so I thought I would post this now. Yesterday, on Thursday, was my Vegetarian day. My sister and I have started this thing where we have days that we only eat in Vegetarian style. Once I start attending university with my sister, we are going to set a few days of the week where we only eat Vegetarian. For me, I'll most likely do the Vegetarian that allows dairy - eggs, cheese, butter, and milk. I did it today and it was quite easy. In fact, earlier I did a month where I eliminated all pork from my diet - which actually ended up being about 40 days. The details are on my other blog. Since then, I have had lesser desires for pork.

Without further ado, for breakfast, which was more like brunch, I had some cinnamon waffles with berries and maple syrup. I drank hot tea of course - Strawberry tea. I was still a little bit hungry so I had some pineapple afterwards.

Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, and Raspberries
 If the waffles didn't have cinnamon in it, I would have added it on top. Cinnamon is one of my most favorite spices. I add it to waffles, ice cream, pie, some cereals, toast sometimes, oatmeal...

For dinner


Egg sandwich with lettuce and sliced tomato. I actually ate only half the sandwich and added lettuce to it. Sliced tomatoes taste good by itself. The egg had cheese, onions, and green peppers with a little bit of salt and pepper. Instead of toasting the bread, I spread a little bit of butter on the bread and put the whole sandwich (without the lettuce) into the oven to bake.

We also had some macaroni and cheese with whole green beans.
I don't think I ate too bad today, so I had a Klondike bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment